Thank you for choosing Deck Detail. We are a full service deck maintenance company. We specialize in cleaning, sealing, building and maintaining residential decks. We have been in business for 20 years serving the Detroit Metropolitan area.
We are experts in the care of exterior wood and use only the finest materials. Our employees are well trained, courteous and our works is guaranteed.
Process – Deck Cleaning, Sealing and Repair
- The process begins with your estimate for work. One of our estimators will visit your house and assess your deck. You do not need to be home for this to occur, but if you like, we can
schedule appointments to meet and answer any questions.Once on site, our estimator will look at your deck to determine what needs to be done. We will estimate for
cleaning, sealing and look for any repairs that may be needed.Once, complete, your estimate will be e-mailed to you immediately. Deck Detail has recently implemented a new e-mail system in keeping
with our philosophy of environmental consciousness.
- Once you have approved your estimate, you may schedule the work by either
calling our office or responding to the e-mail.We will then place you on our schedule. We schedule jobs in the order they were received. There is normally a 1-3 week wait time depending on the time of year. Unfortunately, due to weather concerns,
we cannot give you an exact day appointment at this time.When your job is ready to begin, you will receive a call from our
office with an exact day we will begin work.
- On your scheduled day, our crews will arrive at your house to clean your deck. You do not need to be home for this process.
Our crews will access your deck from outside.We will begin by applying a deck cleaner. This cleaner will remove dirt, mold, mildew and most pre-existing sealers.
Your deck will then be power washed.Deck Detail custom builds our power washers specifically for decks. They are low pressure units. We rely mainly on the deck cleaners and the flushing power of the water to clean your deck.Once your deck has been power washed, we will then apply a deck brightener.All of our cleaning chemicals are environmentally friendly
and will not harm your plants, children or pets.At this time, our crews will then conduct another inspection of your deck. They will be looking for any rotten wood or sanding that may be needed.
If issues are found, you will receive a call from our office with more information.
- After the deck has dried (1-3 days depending on weather conditions) our crews will
return to your house to seal your deck.Unless otherwise stated on your estimate, we use TWP wood sealer.TWP is a synthetic oil based sealer. In our 20 years in business,
we have found this to be the best sealer on the market.The sealer will be brushed, rolled or sprayed onto your deck according to manufacturer
recommendations. When using sprayers to apply the sealer, our crews take into consideration
your deck construction, its relationship to the house, landscaping and wind conditions.
If any issues are found that could cause overspray, we will not spray the sealer.
- your deck is sealed, you will need to remain off your deck for 24 hours.
- At this time an invoice will be e-mailed to you. Payment is requested upon receipt of the invoice.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the job, please contact us immediately. We will make every effort to insure you are completely satisfied with our work.
Johanna ErpsVoice President and Sales
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right“ – Henry Ford
Call +1 734-420-1700
You can contact or visit us in our office from Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- 24/7 Support
- Dedicated support staff
- Average 3 hrs. wait time
- 294 happy customers